[sword-devel] virtual modules

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sun Jan 22 15:55:32 MST 2006

DM Smith wrote:
> Didn't think it was going to be easy. But I was going to start with
> Bibles, since their structure is more well known and the problem space
> would be greatly reduced. Besides, OSIS is not quite there yet for
> describing a commentary (though one could use Bible markup, if it is a
> verse by verse commentary) or a dictionary.

Commentary structure in OSIS is actually well defined (and stable, I
would say). You basically write what you want to write (using divs and
p's, primarily, for structure), identify the annotation type (e.g.
commentary) via the annotateType attribute, and then identify what it is
you're annotating via the annotateRef attribute.

Dictionaries aren't well defined (in terms of structure internal to an
entry), but the level with which Sword would likely interact with a
dictionary is just the entry level itself (i.e. <div type="entry"/>).

--Chris