[sword-devel] Re: [jsword-devel] Debian Installer

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 10:31:11 MST 2006

Daniel,
Thanks so much for looking at this!

The earlier versions work just fine. The jlfgr is from Sun. The license
is contained within the jar file. We are in compliance with their
license as we are not utilizing the artwork in a disparaging way, we
have not modified any of the artwork or change its fidelity and the
license is distributed within the jar.

But I don't know whether it can be delivered as a separate debian package.

-- DM

Their license reads:

SUN IS WILLING TO MAKE THE ACCOMPANYING SOFTWARE
GRAPHICS ARTWORK AVAILABLE TO YOU ONLY UPON THE
CONDITION THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS
CONTAINED IN THIS LICENSE.  PLEASE READ THE TERMS
AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE CAREFULLY.  BY
CLICKING "ACCEPT" AND DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE
GRAPHICS ARTWORK, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS
AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF
THESE TERMS, SELECT THE "DO NOT ACCEPT" BUTTON AT
THE END OF THIS LICENSE.

Copyright 2000 by Sun Microsystems, Inc. All
Rights Reserved.

Sun grants you ("Licensee") a non-exclusive,
royalty free, license to use, and redistribute
this software graphics artwork, as individual
graphics or as a collection, as part of software
code or programs that you develop, provided that
i) this copyright notice and license accompany
the software graphics artwork; and ii) you do not
utilize the software graphics artwork in a manner
which is disparaging to Sun. Unless enforcement
is prohibited by applicable law, you may not
modify the graphics, and must use them true to
color and unmodified in every way.

This software graphics artwork is provided "AS
IS," without a warranty of any kind. ALL EXPRESS
OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND
WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED. SUN AND
ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES
SUFFERED BY LICENSEE AS A RESULT OF USING,
MODIFYING OR DISTRIBUTING THE SOFTWARE GRAPHICS
ARTWORK.

IN NO EVENT WILL SUN OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE
FOR ANY LOST REVENUE, PROFIT OR DATA, OR FOR
DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL,
INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED
AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY,
ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE
SOFTWARE GRAPHICS ARTWORK, EVEN IF SUN HAS BEEN
ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

If any of the above provisions are held to be in
violation of applicable law, void, or
unenforceable in any jurisdiction, then such
provisions are waived to the extent necessary for
this Disclaimer to be otherwise enforceable in
such jurisdiction.