[sword-devel] .Net/C# and Sword

Jason Turner lefticus at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:58:14 MST 2006

This is from the Express Editions website.
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/support/faq/default.aspx#pricing)

Just of note, the command line tools for .net have always been free.
Anyone interested in using the .net Sword dll is free to use the
command line tools, a free UI like sharp develop
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/support/faq/default.aspx#pricing)
or Mono (actually it should be very easy to get this library to work
with mono and even in Linux)

-Jason

10. 	How much will these products cost?

We are announcing a pricing promotion for Visual Studio Express – for
the first year after the products launch on November 7th, 2005,
customers will be able to visit MSDN to download their copy of Visual
Studio Express for free!**

Our customers are very excited about the release of these products, so
this limited-time download is our gift to the hobbyist, student, and
novice community – we're excited to see the amazing applications
they'll build!

Note that SQL Server 2005 Express Edition is also a free download. The
free pricing for SQL Server Express is not limited to the same
one-year promotional period as Visual Studio Express.

[**We plan to launch the non-English versions of the Express products
sometime within 2-3 months after the English version launches on
November 7th. The same pricing promotion will apply to these products,
and will remain in effect for one full year after their respective
availabilities.]

11. 	You said "free for one year" — what does that mean, exactly? Will
you be charging for this later?

We originally announced pricing of Visual Studio Express at US$49. We
are now offering Visual Studio Express for free, as a limited-in-time
promotional offer, until November 6, 2006. Note that we are also
offering SQL Server 2005 Express Edition as a free download, and that
this offer is not limited to the same promotional pricing period as
Visual Studio Express.

http://emptycrate.com Games, Programming, Travel & other stuff