[sword-devel] Compile Errors

Greg Marine gregmarine at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 16:06:11 MST 2006

Hi all!

I pray this finds everyone well!

I'm way too new with C++ to hunt down and fix the errors I'm getting
compiling the Sword engine in Windows. This is with version 1.5.8 of the API
(downloaded zipped tar not from SVN) and I'm attempting the compile with
VC++ 7.1. I am getting the following:

thmlhtmlhref.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static
class sword::SWBuf const __cdecl sword::URL::encode(char const *)" (?encode@
URL at sword@@SA?BVSWBuf at 2@PBD at Z)

thmlwebif.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static
class sword::SWBuf const __cdecl sword::URL::encode(char const *)" (?encode@
URL at sword@@SA?BVSWBuf at 2@PBD at Z) referenced in function "public: virtual class
std::list<class sword::SWBuf,class std::allocator<class sword::SWBuf> >
__thiscall sword::SWFilter::getOptionValues(void)" (?getOptionValues@
SWFilter at sword@@UAE?AV?$list at VSWBuf@sword@@V?$allocator at VSWBuf
@sword@@@std@@@std@@XZ)

gbfhtmlhref.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static
class sword::SWBuf const __cdecl sword::URL::encode(char const *)" (?encode@
URL at sword@@SA?BVSWBuf at 2@PBD at Z) referenced in function $L12088

gbfwebif.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static
class sword::SWBuf const __cdecl sword::URL::encode(char const *)" (?encode@
URL at sword@@SA?BVSWBuf at 2@PBD at Z)

osishtmlhref.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static
class sword::SWBuf const __cdecl sword::URL::encode(char const *)" (?encode@
URL at sword@@SA?BVSWBuf at 2@PBD at Z) referenced in function "private: void
__thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at SWBuf@sword@@AAEXI at Z)

osiswebif.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static
class sword::SWBuf const __cdecl sword::URL::encode(char const *)" (?encode@
URL at sword@@SA?BVSWBuf at 2@PBD at Z) referenced in function "public: void
__thiscall sword::SWBuf::set(char const *)" (?set at SWBuf@sword@@QAEXPBD at Z)

installmgr.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall sword::FTPLibFTPTransport::FTPLibFTPTransport(char const *,class
sword::StatusReporter *)" (??0FTPLibFTPTransport at sword@@
QAE at PBDPAVStatusReporter@1@@Z) referenced in function "protected: virtual
class sword::FTPTransport * __thiscall
sword::InstallMgr::createFTPTransport(char const *,class
sword::StatusReporter *)" (?createFTPTransport at InstallMgr@sword@@
MAEPAVFTPTransport at 2@PBDPAVStatusReporter at 2@@Z)

installmgr.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: int
__thiscall sword::FTPTransport::copyDirectory(char const *,char const *,char
const *,char const *)" (?copyDirectory at FTPTransport@sword@@QAEHPBD000 at Z)
referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall
sword::InstallMgr::ftpCopy(class sword::InstallSource *,char const *,char
const *,bool,char const *)" (?ftpCopy at InstallMgr@sword@@
UAEHPAVInstallSource at 2@PBD1_N1 at Z)

What I am attempting to do is create a dll I can then wrap C# code around to
give .NET developers the ability to use Sword to make Windows front ends. At
one time it seemed I had the dll thing worked out, but I can't find my work.
I made backups of everything and rebuilt my laptop and lost something in the
shuffle. So, I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

God Bless <><
Greg

Internet Community Church Ministries
   Because of His Grace We Serve