[sword-devel] Tischendorf

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Jan 8 23:24:16 MST 2006

Ah, gotcha.  So the xlit is an xlit of the lemma, not the actual word in
the text?  And the xlit differs because the lexical form of the word
differs between lexicons?  or the lexicons use different beta encoding
schemes sometimes?  In either case, they seem to be lemma
representations for lookups into a lexicon.  Do you think it might make
sense to encode it like:

<w lemma="Strong:976 ANLEX:BI/BLOS" morph="Robinson:N-NSF"
xlit="betacode:BI/BLOS">Βίβλος</w>

The useful and practical information is the key to the lexicons, so if
Strong:976 can get us to the entry in the Strong's Dictionary, I'm not
sure we need the Strong:BI/BLOS xlit of the lemma.

The last question is whether the xlit entry should be of the word as it
appears in the text, or of the lemma.  I chose the word for mine.  What
do you think?

		-Troy.