[sword-devel] inquring about an official WEB update and also the gbf to osis converter....

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Jan 6 17:09:53 MST 2006

There's a beta update on the site currently. It won't be released until
BibleCS 1.5.8 (minimally). I'm not completely satisfied with the results
of the importer, so this particular beta may not ever get released.

Non-BibleCS users (developers especially) should test it to ascertain
whether they they need to make changes to code. BibleCS needed some
minor filter tweaks to permit rendering of red words marked by
milestoned quotes.

The text derives from the OSIS document on ebible.org (with only the
header and apocrypha removed before running the importer), so it isn't
conformant OSIS 2.1. But there is some chatter about changing the
standard in various ways to accomodate presentational quotation marks
more easily, so I'm hoping Michael Johnson will fix his converter once
that happens. (Actually, if I recall, we identified syntax in 2.1 for
marking presentation quotes and it hasn't been incorporated into the
converter, so maybe he doesn't care.)

--Chris