[sword-devel] BibleCS Installer: readme before executables

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 08:39:48 MST 2006

The implementation is not a hybrid of C&D but more a variation on C as
you gave in code below.

If it is clearer to swap the labels, I would be glad to do that.

I've uploaded the changes to
http://www.crosswire.org/bibledesktop/biblecs/biblecs/installer.
See SwordSetup.nsi and SwordFinish.nsh for the implementation.
Please note, it is a snapshot that compiles, but might not be correct.
I have not gotten to most of the problems that you have noted and may
have introduced a few more.

For example, I am working on creating several headers and while they
compile, they are not done.
Also I am moving to the HKCU/HKLM solution by calling SetShellContextVar
all in .onInit and un.onInit.
I've also created a macro for the splash screen and am trying to
generalize it.

Part of this is a preparation for something that Troy requested.
He would like to drop a directory named "windows" into the installer
directory and have whatever is in that image be installed.
Of course there would be some expectations of the contents in that root
directory, e.g. license, readme.txt, splash.bmp, executables, ... so
that the pages that depend on those files work.