[sword-devel] NETBible plans with Sword modules

David Austin daustin at bible.org
Wed Feb 8 20:16:38 MST 2006

>From: Barry Drake
>Hi there ..............
>
>L.Allan-pbio wrote:
>

>>Just curious ... what is the status of The CrossWire Society and
>>relevant permissions, licensing, and copyright of the NET Bible notes
>>from Bible.org and/or BSF (Biblical Studies Foundation) and/or
>>Biblical Studies Press?
>>

>It is the intention of bible.org that there should be a free NET bible module for Sword with a limited set of notes (the first few verses of each book, I think) and a version with the full notes that is available for the payment of a small fee to bible.org.  I'm looking forward very much to its release - the NET bible and notes is one of my most cherished bible resources.
>
>God bless,
>Barry
>
>-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Barry states it correctly: www.Bible.org has  just finished, after 10
yrs and several millions of dollars, the First Edtion
<http://www.bible.org/default.asp?scid=3> of the NETBible
<http://www.bible.org/netbible/index.htm> see our NETBible page
http://www.bible.org/default.asp?scid=3
<http://www.bible.org/default.asp?scid=3>. We are now working on (with
Barrys help)  two NETBible sword modules. to add to the various versions
that can be downloaded for free
<http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=3086>or purshased at resonable
costs off the www.bible.org site..
1- a free NETBible Sword module with the full NETBible text and limited
notes approxiamently 3 per chapter plus i hope a link to any of the
notes that are not included so even the free version has access from our
web site all the notes
2-  a for pay version premium version that has the full NETBible text
and all 60,000+ plus notes.  + some extras
In addition to the above we are working on puting the NETBible in a data
base and making it and its notes searchable. If any of you would like to
become alphas testers on that register for the www.bible.org/forum
<http://www.netbibleinstitute.com/forum/index.php>  and join forum
discussion 8e1 . We would love to have help in specifying the
requirements that go into the next gerneration on-line bible and what
you would like to see incorporated in our Sword development/
3- I have a call into Troy to see if we need to do anything formally
with crosswire.org

IN HIS SERVICE
David Austin (Permissions Director)        daustin at Bible.org

~Join our users in the forum http://www.bible.org/forum
where you can ask questions and get answers
~Read , download and buy a leather NETBIBLE and download for free over
3500 studies at http://www.bible.org