[sword-devel] NET bible

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 8 09:49:51 MST 2006

Hi there .........

Some of us are doing a feasibility study on the NET bible from
http://www.bible.org/ with a view to offering a Sword module.  The NET
bible comes with a massive set of footnotes.  In the present incarnation
of Sword (certainly in the Windows front end) the use of such extensive
footnoting would make the version difficult to follow.  There are often
many footnotes in a single verse.

One solution, suggested I think by Chris Little was to make the front
end capable of displaying footnotes in a separate window from the bible
text.  An alternative is to make the notes into a commentary module,
with the footnotes in the text neing represented by footnote numbers.
If this second alternative were considered, is it possible to link these
footnote numbers to the commentary window?  What I'm looking for is
linking that looks up tags in commentaries like scripture references
embedded in a commentary - as an example - <scripRef>John 1:3</scripRef>
in a ThML tagged commentary.

Do we have provision for this in the filters?

God bless,

Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com