[sword-devel] CVS

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 4 11:11:55 MST 2006

DM Smith wrote:
> I am trying to checkout icu-sword from svn and almost every directory
> has an CVS directory.
> Shouldn't these be deleted?
>
> On a related note, the checkout is really, really slow. Much slower
> than normal. Does the server need a reboot?
I found out why it is so slow. It is so big. It takes 171M on my disk.
SVN double stores everything with a copy in the .svn folders. The store
may be compressed.
I think that CVS double stores everything and it may be compressed also.
If this is the case, then SVN double stores the CVS double store.
Ouch!

I did an experiment to see what size it would be without the CVS files:
125M on disk.