[sword-devel] Is "original input source" for modules available?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 09:30:16 MST 2006

Lynn,

Due to some of the same difficulties you were running into, I had planned to
make a new tutorial on how to create a module in my edits to the website.  I
was stalled over the month of December because I had a terrible case of
Carpel Tunnel syndrome (which still hasn't gone away) and now I'm in school
and must save as much typing strength for my course work as possible.
Getting a copy of the "original" source should be close to possible using
the exporter programs.  If Practice was made with the imp format, you should
be able to do something like 'mod2imp Practice > Practice.txt' <forgets
exact syntax>.  I also don't know if there is a Windows port of all of the
exporters available.  As for a prepared tutorial on the website... I'm not
aware of one other than the one you looked for.  It needs some significant
work to keep the prospective user from being over-worked to fill in the
gaps, and I'd like to get to that soon, but there are other website changes
I had planned to work on for Troy first.  Hopefully I'll get to tackle some
of those soon-ish.  Cheers!

--Greg