[sword-devel] BibleCS Installer

L.Allan-pbio paraclete at bibleinverse.org
Fri Feb 3 11:23:52 MST 2006

Thanks for the helpful feedback.

Dm Smith wrote:
> A copy of the installer that I am working on can be found at
www.crosswire.org/bibledesktop/BibleCsStarterKitSetup
The file of interest is SwordSetup.nsi
> It is very incomplete and at this time is focused upon an installation
of just BibleCS.

Are you using nsis 2.14? It has some nsis 2.14 compiler errors  ... lines
173 and 174, WriteRegWord should be WriteRegSWORD.

With those revised, I'm getting a mysterious compiler error that seems
related to LangString and PRODUCT_NAME, but it isn't reporting a line
number, which isn't very helpful.

Looks like we can agree to continue using the InstallShield's practice that
BibleCS 1.5.6 used regarding registry entry ...

HKLM "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\sword.exe"  "Path"

The uninstall problems aren't unexpected .... I haven't really looked at the
uninstaller until some registry (and other) issues were pinned down. (as
noted in earlier "caveats")

Sorry about the bad link. Please try this one:
http://lcdbible.sf.net/misc/CrossWireFamilyInstallers_060203.zip

It has installers for both BibleCS and LcdBible, with an attempt at
commonality and consistency. They use BCS_TEST_VERSION and LCD_TEST_VERSION
defines to speed up development. (use much faster zlib and smaller "stub"
files)

I'm unclear about the best name for the CrossWire executable to use at
various points during the installation.
* The SWORD Project?
* BibleCS?
* sword.exe?

Caveats:
* Not much attention to uninstaller yet

* Assumes swmgr::findConfig only looks in current directory and then
SWORD_PATH (not parent directory)