[sword-devel] Please vote for Sun to fix a Java bug

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 13:49:24 MST 2006

On 14/12/06, DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Johan van der Lingen wrote:
> > notice that you can vote three times on the same bug!
> >
> > (not to be rude, but are any of these bugs being fixed? I saw some filed on
> > 2002 and even 1997 and all have status "in progress"
> I saw that I had multiple votes, but I didn't think I could vote more
> than once per issue.
>
> It appears that the most recent closed bugs are being closed as
> duplicates of another, as "won't fix", "can't reproduce", ... Of those
> that are being fixed, most are in Java 1.6. In a couple, of the big vote
> getters, the response from Sun has been: We've released development to
> the community, so go fix it yourself.
>
> Editing a font is not all that hard, so that might be an option.

Of course that depends on the license of the font so it might not be
allowed :/ Maybe it would be good to ask them if the font can be
licensed under the OFL (http://scripts.sil.org/OFL) :)

P.S. This thread seems to have missed going to the jsword list so
redirecting it back there. Troy and DM you might like to post your
java related discussion there if you like.