[sword-devel] JSword and development progress

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at yahoo.de
Sun Aug 27 09:37:18 MST 2006

Hi DM.

Well, I think you have encouraged me to help develop BibleDesktop and
JSword.

I might not have 20 hours a week but 10 should be possible for me.

Yes, you already talked about some of the features that I miss like
parallel bible view (which I find very important because I like
finding differences in translation).
And personal commentaries (but not only commentaries, I think of
personal dictionaries as well).
There are some other features that I would like to see like a plug-in
interface for pluging in new views like timelines or graphical things
(like maps or something).

I had a quick view at the sources and they seem to be "cleaned up".

Due to the fact that I'm a Mac user I would like to improve the Look
& Feel on the Mac platform. Swing is mostly Windows optimized and the
Look & Feel on the Mac is not very good. There are however some
frameworks which can be used to enhance this.
I also would like to see an Application Bundle of BibleDesktop for
Mac users.

That's all for now here.
I already subscribed to the jsword mailing list and I would like to
ask some questions there.

Best regards,
Manfred