[sword-devel] Encoding of mods.d/ conf files?

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Aug 19 08:53:09 MST 2006

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006, DM Smith wrote:
> The conf is to be UTF-8 if the conf sets the encoding to UTF-8.
> It is to be cp1252 otherwise, which is a superset of ISO8859-1.

OK. I thought that encoding means module encoding. That is said
nowhere clearly.

I didn't have proper modules so I tweaked some .conf files. This
reveales again the same kind of bug in diatheke/sword which was with
localized keys. If the list of the module descriptions is concatenated
the result is mixed utf8 and 8859-1 (or cp1252). Maybe it should be
automatically utf8 if it's supported?

Or all .conf files could be converted to utf8. Is there a reason to
support cp1252?

> It was stated in an earlier thread by Chris Little, that RTF codes
> for characters outside of ASCII should not be used.

Good. Still I wonder why we need rtf at all in conf files.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland