[sword-devel] diatheke issues

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Aug 12 03:44:15 MST 2006

On Sunday 06 August 2006 19:05, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> I have found some small issues in diatheke.

Here is some more discussion about some of the previous, plus some new.

I repeat my offer to make patches if only I could know that my ideas are

> If there is no filter for the requested output format diatheke
> returns the original format. Is it possible to use a queue of
> filters?

Later I read from some TODO that it might be a sword issue.

> Module list with descriptions is not utf8 though it should be,
> at least in my opinion it should. Mixing different kinds of encodings
> makes a python programmer's life very hard.
> I hope that localized keys are utf8! I have not tested it
> because I have not found a way to change the localization. The point
> is that ALL output should be utf8 if the user wants that.

After further resarch I noticed that localized keys are in locale specific
encoding. This is in a way right because localization is user defined in
command line options. However, localization is useless in any program or
environment if utf8 and some other encoding are mixed. Sword locales in
locales.d/ include utf8-versions of locales but interestingly diatheke
cannot use them.

Diatheke crashes with segmentation fault with command line "diatheke -b XXX
-s" instead of exiting gracefully.

-t option doesn't work, it's clearly a bug in doquery(). It reads:
if (optionfilters & OP_TRANSLITERATOR && script)
                manager.setGlobalOption("Variants", script);
But it should be "Transliteration", not "Variants".

Eeli Kaikkonen

More information about the sword-devel mailing list