[sword-devel] Re: Offer help (portuguese module?)

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 30 19:51:00 MST 2006

Em Sun, 02 Apr 2006 00:29:37 +0100, Jónatas Ferreira escreveu:

> Unfortunately the portuguese module
> seems to have a lot of problems (the developer of MacSword told me it
> had a lot of bugs) so I decided to volunteer to help correct this
> mistakes.

  Please check the history of the list for more details, but the gist
of it is as follows.

  The Portuguese module, PorAA, is actually misnamed.  It is but a
corrupted version of the ‘Versão Revisada da tradução de João Ferreira
de ALMEIDA de Acordo com os Melhores Textos em Hebraico e Grego’,
®(1967) 1974 Imprensa Bíblica Brasileira, da Junta de Educação
Religiosa e Publicações da Convenção Batista Brasileira, Rio de
Janeiro, RJ.

  I have fixed it as much as I could without access to a canonical
etext, and even managed to get it published, but then it was taken
back for fear of copy rights infringement — I guess it should not have
been reverted to the corrupted version, but taken off altogether.

  Anyway I wrote to the IBB, and they nicely answered they are
considering how to get it published electronically, presumably because
their initial attempts gave way to such corrupted texts as we have
now.  And never heard from them since, but I am hopeful; just not able
to follow it up now, being on the look for a job.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA     +55 (11) 5685 2219
http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/        +55 (11) 9406 7191
mailto:leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
xmpp:leandrod at jabber.org                              BRASIL