[sword-devel] KJV2006 and divineName

Ted Walther djw at reactor-core.org
Fri Apr 21 03:41:56 MST 2006

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 06:45:58PM -0700, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>word8</w>
>
>Most printed Bibles with Strong's numbers merely insert numbers into
>the text, imply the previous word or some number of words are related
>to that number.  Our NT human tagging allowed us to be exact, even
>non-contiguous.  We don't have this level of markup in the OT.
>
>Dude, I'm so excited about all this work you're putting into this data!
>I'm sure so many projects (inside and outside of CrossWire) will be
>blessed by this!

Indeed.  I was just getting my project kicked off based on the KJV2003
when I noticed some problems with the Strong's number markup in the OT.
I don't really want to delay my project, but if KJV2006 is less than a
few months away, I can wait.

Really, I don't think the connective words like "And the" should be
included as part of the Strong's number.  They should be outside.

I've noticed some verses have the first word not surrounded by
appropriate tags giving the strongs number, yet other words are labelled
as "NIH" which is very convenient.  Could we have all words put inside
tags like that for easier parsing?

Ted

--
          It's not true unless it makes you laugh,
     but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

Eukleia: Ted Walther
Address: 5690 Pioneer Ave, Burnaby, BC  V5H2X6 (Canada)
Contact: 604-430-4973