[sword-devel] Development IDE for Linux?

Joachim Ansorg nospam+sword-devel at joachim-ansorg.de
Mon Apr 10 14:28:21 MST 2006

Hi,
I'm probably just dreaming to get something like Eclipse/Java for C++.
I think it's mostly the lack of navigation features and no refactoring.

> Have you submitted bug reports for KDevelop so they can fix the things
> you don't like or is it just the way it does stuff and can't be
> changed?

E.g. renaming a method or class in KDevelop means a lot of work to go through
all those files. I think it's less than a few clicks in Eclipse.

Or navigation: Getting the docs for a function if you hover it is nice. Or
CTRL+click to get to the declaration/definition.

I think KDevelop is one of the best free IDEs available for Linux. But
productive work is sometimes difficult :)

Joachim
--
<>< Re: deemed
www.bibletime.info