[sword-devel] how to get strongs numbers from KJV2003 module?

chrislit at crosswire.org chrislit at crosswire.org
Sun Oct 30 14:40:57 MST 2005

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, John Walther wrote:
> Chris, I am using the latest version of the KJV module that is on the
> site.  Is there another site or download URL I am missing?

No, there's just the one version, I think. But the samples you posted
previously were most definitely not it. I thought they might have been
from the starter pack, which I think still has an incomplete version of
the KJV.

> Also, diatheke is correctly grabbing strong's numbers from the module.
> Or else it is looking up the strong's numbers somehow.  I looked through
> the source and it wasn't apparent how diatheke is doing this.
>
> As the author of diatheke, can you please tell me how diatheke is able
> to grab the strong's numbers from the KJV module?

It does nothing special and does no direct access of the module. I think
it just sets some flags to turn Strong's on.

> If you find it easier, could you run mod2osis on your "current" KJV
> module and send me the output?
>
> I have diatheke 4.0, and am using the sword 1.5.8 libraries.  The KJV
> module is NOT installed anywhere, I've been using it from inside a
> directory where I've unzipped what I download directly from the
> crosswire website.

If the KJV is not installed anywhere, then you can't be accessing it with
diatheke. Diatheke doesn't know how to search the current directory for
modules. It can only locate modules through Sword.

--Chris