[sword-devel] Re: Re: Version 1.5.2

=RiCo= rico.thorn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 11:24:09 MST 2005

I recommend installing gobolinux if you have a free partition. It uses a
different filesystem hierarchy than the normal /usr or /bin, instead it has
/programs or /system. It also links each file to a legacy filesystem so it
is compatible with hardcoded legacy directories. I installed t in under 2GB
of space, so a 5GB partition is more than enough.

To install programes in gobolinux you do the following. go to console and
type InstallPackage <package filename> and it installs it (eg
'InstallPackage Sword--1.5.8--i686.tar.bz2'). To make a package from source
is also very simple, you type 'MakeRecipe <program name> <program version>
<source download url>', once the recipe is made type 'Compile <program name>
<program version>' and it installs the program. To make a package after it
is installed you type 'CreatePackage <program name> <program version>' and
that package can be installed on another pc with InstallPackage. I've done
this for sword and bibletime :P go to
www.gobolinux.org<http://www.gobolinux.org>if you want to try it.

Right now I have 5 more blank partitions (7 total), 10 GB each, for