[sword-devel] when will a new win32 binary be released?

DArio Matos dmatos0 at yahoo.com.br
Mon Nov 28 06:00:56 MST 2005

Greg,

  Thanks for your answer. I remember that discussion, and I even  downloaded the beta .exe - it seemed fine for me. Nevertheless, there  were no updates of that  since then, so I just want to know the  status, if it is near completion or even if it was released somewhere  else out of Crosswire...

  Dario Matos

Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> escreveu:  Dario,

  I believe that work is well under way to get an updated version of the  win32 binary out.  I am not certain who is working on it, but if  you search back in the archives of this site a few months ago, there  was a good-sized discussion revolving around the new installer.   If I recall correctly it was still in an experimental beta stage last  time I heard about it, but it worked pretty well from the  reports.  You might want to look for the link on this list and try  it out.  I would presume that it installs the 1.5.8 version of the  software, but I don't know that for certain.

  --Greg

On 11/28/05, DArio Matos <dmatos0 at yahoo.com.br> wrote:  My  first contact with The Sword Project was in win32, the same version  I've passed along to several friends... And the 1.5.6 win32  binary/installer is quite old now. In the other hand, I have no  knowledge about compiling programs, so I can't update it myself... So,  my question is, when will a new win32 binary be released? Who can do  it, and make it available at Crosswire homepage?

Blessings in our LORD,
  Dario Matos