[sword-devel] common library for windows and linux

Chris Umphress umphress at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:33:47 MST 2005

On 11/23/05, Сергей Кузнецов <sergeyvk at ukr.net> wrote:

> Hi!
> I installed Sword for Windows, latest one, and I want to use the same library, as I use
> on Linux. The sword library currently on Windows disk D, and linux sword programs
> have access to it. But I didn't find, how to teach Sword for Windows to use that
> library. It wants only to "download" it from the library, which is on D to the program's
> folder, which is on C:\Program Files\Sword...

Assuming you have a linux-type partition (such as ReiserFS, ext2/3, or
similar) for the linux install, you could create a mount-point for the
Windows partition and create a symbolic link from /usr/share/sword to
wherever you mount the C drive.

Example:
ln -s /mnt/windows/Program\ Files/Crosswire/blah /usr/share/sword

You'll probably have to tweak it a little, but that's the direction I
would head....

--
Chris Umphress <http://daga.dyndns.org/>