[sword-devel] Sources for certain modules.

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 22:00:53 MST 2005

Roberto,

Every book is in a special Sword module format. The ones with z in the
extension are compressed. The first letter indicates whether the
compression is at a chapter (i.e. c) or a book (i.e. b) level or a verse
level (i.e. v), but there are none at a verse level.

The text that is contained by a module may be plain text, gbf format,
ThML format or OSIS format. The Sword and JSword libraries know how to
extract the text in a meaningful way. There are linux applications that
use these libraries. Also, the libraries provide the ability to download
the modules from the crosswire website and install it to the user's machine.

You can obtain the modules here:
http://www.crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/sword/packages/rawzip/
Please, ignore the files that are zero length. There are no modules for
them. They represent books under copyright for which we would love to
have permission to have and distribute.

Hope this helps,
    DM