[sword-devel] Developer's Quick Start

Greg Marine gregmarine at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 06:16:51 MST 2005

Everyone agrees it should be on the dev info page. However, I'm sure
Crosswire is constrained on time right now. We need to pray for them
all, asking for God to bless them, for their work can bring fatigue.
Like most, if not all, of us, they too have responsibilities outside
The Sword Project.

With that being said: Troy, would it be possible for volunteers to
make much needed changes to the Web site? Since it seems to be in JSP,
I don't suppose there would be an easy way for some of us to work on
things like the developer's info page?

Remember, everyone, anyone can identify a problem. We need to provide
solutions. God is providing a wonderful resource through The Sword
Project. Please allow Him to use us to help Crosswire in any way we
can.

***Disclaimer***
This response is more of a reaction than a response. It was my feeling
folks are getting impatient with the Web site and/or other aspects of
the project. From this point on, this reaction is going to be turned
into proaction. Should you feel the statements above have no grounds,
please excuse my "outburst." I feel as though there are grounds for
such statements, however. Some have critisized how long it takes to
get updated modules out, the time to get enhancements pushed into new
version of the software and comments about the dated Web site. We need
to be a part of the solution instead of complaining about the
problem...
***End Disclaimer***

Despite my frustrations in some comments made on this list, I do
appreciate everyone for their work for His Kingdom on earth. May God
Bless us all to help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ!

In Christ,
Greg Marine