[sword-devel] The SWORD main site hacked ?...

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue May 10 12:30:26 MST 2005

Catalin,
	From your statement that the files inside the zip remaining the same, I
would conclude that the site was not hacked.  Those packages are
autogenerated with make-like logic, so if anything regarding the package
changes, they are rebuilt.  Sometimes the generated files are simply
removed.  I would deduce that the reason for different MD5 sums between
2 zips of the exact same files would be due to a newer version of the
Java zip utility classes (we also frequently upgrade our Java
distribution that runs our services on CrossWire).  Hope this puts your
mind at ease.  Thanks for the concern.

	-Troy.