[sword-devel] Arabic Translation

See7a sameh.nabil at gmail.com
Fri May 6 17:37:21 MST 2005

All,

I finally got arabic working in both locales and uilocales :) I'm
sending this mail to let you know the solution and also because I
think there should be some easier way to do it :)

The cause of the problems I had is the BOM hidden characters added in
the begining of the text file when I save it as utf8 in notepad. I
also tried another text editor with the same result. SWORD doesn't
seem to handle these charachters correctly. I just have open the file
in some editor that displays them and delete them manually to get it
to work.

Now it's just a matter of writing some Arabic string. I will send
again as soon as I have something completed.

I just wanted to know when is the next realease of SWORD for Windows
expected? I want to try to finish this translation - or at least a big
part of it - before the coming release so that it can be added to the
release package.

Blessings,
Sameh