[sword-devel] 1.5.8 bugs

Justus Piater Justus.Piater at ULg.ac.be
Mon Mar 28 11:42:38 MST 2005

Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> wrote on Mon, 21 Mar 2005
23:37:47 -0800:

> You're using the wrong tool. You need to use osis2mod.

Ah, thanks for enlightening me. This tool is mentioned nowhere on the
"Module Making" Developers' page on crosswire.

And indeed: osis2mod works as advertised, with headings, hyperlinked
cross references, and inline notes. Very nice!

> I don't plan to rewrite xml2gbs and I doubt Troy plans to rewrite
> osis2mod to use a full DOM parser. ... I think we can manage without
> the added trouble of an external parser.

While I'm pretty sure that an external DOM parser will _save_ a lot of
trouble in the long run, I don't see any functional problem with the
current implementation. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Justus

--
Justus H. Piater, Ph.D.         http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/
Institut Montefiore, B28        Phone: +32-4-366-2279