[sword-devel] JSword et al

dmsmith555 at yahoo.com dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 10:02:44 MST 2005

Tim,

A good place to find out how active JSword and Sword are is on their
development mailing lists, jsword-devel and sword-devel
You can join them or visit their archives. If you had scanned their
archives, you would have seen that both are very active.

You can join sword-devel here: (Which obviously you have already done)
    http://www.crosswire.org/sword/lists/index.jsp
Their archives are here:
    http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/
JSword is tracking their progress at http://www.crosswire.org/bugs under
BibleDesktop, Common and JSword. (These are GUI, utilities and
infrastructure respectively).

You can join jsword-devel (or their other mailing lists) and get to
their archives from here:
    http://www.crosswire.org/jsword/maillists.html
For JSword, you can stay abreast of the changes by going to their
download site and linking to the nightly release.
    http://www.crosswire.org/bibledesktop/download.html

Both Sword and JSword have significant activity.
Both are readying for a release: Sword will be releasing 1.5.8 and
JSword will be releasing 0.9.9.

Personally, I am developing JSword with others and I am putting in over
20 hours a week. My hope is to have a release on Good Friday. But, we
won't release before the software is ready.

In His service,
    DM