[sword-devel] Searching and Lucene thoughts

Lynn Allan l_d_allan at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 2 11:25:15 MST 2005

<alert comment="iwnacsmndipootv ... i was not a computer science major
... ">

Just curious ... does non-indexed sword-api searching use c.s.
algorithms like Boyer-Moore searching?
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=359859&coll=ACM&dl=ACM&CFID=13545783&CFTOKEN=93236524

Something I tried to read once (and it was waaaaaay over my head)
concerned very smart "state machine" searching when there is more than
one word being searched for. Seems like it involved Bell Lab
researchers? From one of the A or W or K dudes?
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=360855&coll=ACM&dl=ACM&CFID=13626066&CFTOKEN=93658335

Does D. Knuth discuss string matching optimizations?

Would that be applicable to the sword-api?

</alert>