[sword-devel] 64K limit on commentary entries

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 11:32:15 MST 2005

Hi,
I've filed a bug for this but thought it would be worth discussing onlist

http://www.crosswire.org/bugs/browse/API-60

An unsigned short is used to store the length of a bible verse or a
commentary entry on that verse i.e. 64KB. Genbooks are ok as they use
an unsigned long.

We can either work on allowing genbooks to be recognised as
commentaries (see I mail I'll send later today or the weekend or so)
or allow unsigned longs to be used to store the length.

I'm inclining to suggesting that commentaries should be made as
Genbooks but in a way that the frontends can recognise them as
commentaries but I'd like your input.

Thanks,
Daniel