[sword-devel] How do I encode osisRefs to lexicons?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Jun 9 17:26:18 MST 2005

Just a quick interjection into this thread.

___________
non-prefixed osisRefs within a document with no osisRefWork at the top
refer to an osisID within the current document.
___________

This should be true, but, looking at the schema, I don't think it is.
Patrick will have to comment.  It seems it is true for Bible's, but not
other works.  Reason:

<xs:attribute name="osisRefWork" type="osisWorkType" use="optional"
default="Bible"/>

___________
non-prefixed osisRefs within a document containing an osisRefWork are
THE SAME AS IF THEY HAD SPECIFIED osisRefWork value as their prefix.  In
Patrick's words: They ARE prefixed.
___________

___________
osisRefWork can be as generic as "Bible" or as specific as
"Bible.en.KJV.1611.CrossWire.2003"
___________

But now remember, the prefix is only a shorthand reference to the work
element in the header.  It's the work element, NOT the prefix, that
defines this specificity with, e.g.

<work osisWork="x">
  <identifier type="OSIS">Bible.en.NASB.1995</identifier>
  <refSystem>Bible.NASB</refSystem>
</work>

<reference osisRef="x:Matt.1.1">Matthew 1:1 (NASB)</a>

Currently, all SWORD Bibles can be defined as:

<osisText osisIDWork="self" osisRefWork="Bible" xml:lang="en">
  <work osisWork="self">
   <identifier type="OSIS">Bible.LANG.SWORD_ID</identifier>
   <refSystem>Bible.KJV</refSystem>
  </work>
  <work osisWork="Bible">
   <refSystem>Bible.KJV</refSystem>
  </work>
</osisText>

since:
1) all SWORD Bibles are indexed using KJV verse numbering
2) we currently only support linking to non-specific books (any Bible or
Commentary or other VerseKey module)
3) we currently only support using the KJV reference scheme when linking

Hope this helps, and doesn't confuse more.

	-Troy.