[sword-devel] Naves

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 16:50:41 MST 2005

Chris,
    When I compared nave.dat to the zip from biblecom.net, I found only
a few differences. The Sword Module does not maintain the book order of
the words, but rather alphabetizes them with what appears to be an ascii
collation. And the cross references using the T0000456 notation are
removed. Also, a special marker that preceded the T* reference and also
a small handful of (n/a) (these were left in the text) were changed to
something more printable, a chevron.

Also, in the original, there were two SIN entries, which are now SIN (1)
and SIN (2) The first one is the dastardly deed and the second is the
desert between Elim and Sinai. (I am wondering whether this is correct.
Should a dictionary require uniqueness of entry names? Can we manage
this with two different osisIDs, say SINdeed SINloc?)

My thought was that I would prepare a complete OSIS document and then
build the module from that. In doing so, I think that it would be good
to preserve the original book order of the terms. Will this cause a problem?

DM