[sword-devel] BibleCS Beta

Geoffrey W Hastings geoffreyhastings at juno.com
Tue Jun 7 20:11:10 MST 2005

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 11:39:41 -0700 "Troy A. Griffitts"
<scribe at crosswire.org> writes:

> I'd like to hear some requests regarding peoples desires for BibleCS

I would like to see a proximity search capability added. example Jesus @1
Peter @1 Satan which helped to find this ref.
Mt 16:21  From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples,
how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders
and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the
third day.
Mt 16:22  Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far
from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
Mt 16:23  But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan:
thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of
God, but those that be of men.

> We can:
>         a) release a beta tonight and a final in a week (if nothing
major is broken).
>         b) wait until after the summer and add more features then.
>

> The down side of releasing now is that it's been a long time between
> BibleCS releases, and it might be a discouragement to people when
> they  only see the above changes after such a long time.  .........

I think the downside of not releasing now is that its been a long time
between Bible CS releases and that is a discouragement to those who would
like to see some activity, signs of life, in Bible CS. >