[sword-devel] Re: BibleCS 1.5.8 Beta Release

RLRANDALLX at aol.com RLRANDALLX at aol.com
Tue Jun 7 12:24:27 MST 2005

In a message dated 6/7/2005 12:04:26 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
sword-devel-request at crosswire.org writes:

Troy writes:

I  have good and bad news.  I've been accepted to attend a summer class
overseas, during June 16-Aug 5.  I am not planning any more work on
BibleCS before I leave.

I'd like to hear some requests regarding  peoples desires for BibleCS
during this timeframe.

New features  currently:

Build against 1.5.8 engine (previous release  is against 1.5.6)
Added indexed search support.
Added UTF-8 i18n support in UI.
Probably some bug  fixes along the way.

We can:
a) release a beta tonight  and a final in a week (if nothing major is
broken).
b)  wait until after the summer and add more features  then.

I'm all for (a) releasing BibleCS with 1.5.8.  I would like to see if  my 50
or so 1.5.6 bugs in bugtracker are also present with 1.5.8.   Releasing with a
splash about NASB will make it worthwhile for a lot of  students. Don't make
us wait until after summer unless it seems  inevitable.

In His Grace,
Robin Randall

E-mail: RLRandallX at aol.com