[sword-devel] Brazilian SBB's Bíblia Online and the Tradução Brasileira

Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corsetti Dutra leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
Tue Jan 25 14:10:38 MST 2005

	Well, here am I again...

	While I wait for any answers about my corrections and
information for the extremely broken PorAA module, I happened to
stumble on Sociedade Bíblica do Brasil's (SBB) _Bíblia Online v3_.
It's not expensive, R$ 62 (around US$ 25 perhaps) and has the Tradução
Brasileira.

	The Tradução Brasileira is a beautiful text, made in the
classical ('castiço') style that went out of use just after it was
published, around the 1930s and 40s.  It is also a relatively modern
translation, based on the Minority Text and was frequently used to
help in texts rendered obscure or imprecise by the then-already
obsolete João Ferreira de Almeida, which nevertheless continues to be
used today while the TB is available on paper only as a rarity.

	I thought about buying it and extracting the text to create a
Sword module, for I guess it is already in the public domain.

	So, in case any other, better informed Brazilians are out
there:

Does anyone have any specific information if it is possible to extract
the text from SBB's _Bíblia Online_ v3?

Is the TB already in the public domain?

Do you think the effort worthwhile, as there seems to exist little to
no interest in the PorAA, which was broken but is actually a text
almost as good as the TB and even more modern?

	Please let me know your thoughts and any good info, otherwise
I'll try to investigate it all myself -- it might take some time as
I'm currently looking for a job.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra <leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm>
Maringá, PR, BRASIL                            +55 (44) 3025 6253