[sword-devel] Building Mandrake x86_64 RPMs

Sat Jan 22 10:22:06 MST 2005

On Saturday 22 January 2005 11:56 am, Alvin Smith wrote:
> I don't know, but I switched to the Debian distribution because I wanted to
> have Bibletime and Gnomesword working on my computer.  No compiling needed.
>
> It just works (TM).
>
> I was using Fedora Core 2 at the time, another RPM based distribution.  I
> had it all working under Fedora Core 1, but the upgrade broke something...
>
> Having the Bible on my computer is very important to me.  When I found out
> that I could install it with a couple of mouse clicks under Debian, that
> was all I needed to know!

Not sure where to cut this quote, but anyway, Mandrake has rpm's too that
"just work"...that is unless you're on a 64bit system. For some reason,
bibletime doesn't like 64bit at the moment from what I understand so you sort
of have to compile it.

I personally don't use the rpm packages (and I wouldn't use the deb's either
for the same reason) 'cause I use CVS/SVN for bibletime & sword since I like
testing and contributing.