[sword-devel] Borland C++

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Jan 17 20:55:43 MST 2005

As Michael noted, the norm in Linux is to develop for GCC. Most of us
probably just use text editors like emacs or vi for coding. I think the
BibleTime guys may use KDevelop.

On Windows, it's a whole other story. On that platform we use Borland
C++ 5.0 for BibleCS development, though I think everything also works in
6.0. The library can also be compiled in MS Visual Studio 6.0 & .NET
2003 (7.1) and with Cygwin.

If you plan to use the same tool for both Mozilla and Sword development,
it will probably have to be MS Visual Studio.NET 2003. Mozilla has their
own rather complex build system. No one has yet succeeded in building
Moz in Borland.

--Chris