[sword-devel] Indexed searching

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 16:23:37 MST 2005

I think that we are a lot closer than we were, but I don't think we are
there yet.

As I have noted in a previous note, there are specific hurdles that we
have to overcome before we can offer indexes for download.

Here is where we stand with the Sword indexing implementation:
When a verse is indexed, it is treated as a single document. We store
with that document the OSIS verse reference.
At this time we also index Strong numbers for that verse, if present. We
do not index footnotes, notes or any other gloss that is present in the
document. It is conceivable that we will want to do that at some time.
Fortunately, adding more fields does not break previous code that does
not look for them.

Also, we are using an English analyzer to analyze all Bibles regardless
of language. This will need to be changed to handle other languages
properly. Since the search needs to use the same analyzer as the the
indexer, we will need to figure out how to indicate what analyzer was
used to build the index. The conf may be the ideal location.