[sword-devel] Borland C++

Lynn Allan l_d_allan at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 15 09:23:53 MST 2005

I wasn't able to get lookup.cpp to compile/link. Sorry.

There are two complete vc6 projects available that may help with your
"learning curve" to get up-to-speed with the sword-api. These are the
"training wheels" simplifications of diatheke. You may find them
helpful to be able to build a subset of the sword-api, and then be
able to use the vc6 debugger to step into code and see how it works.

It is especially applicable to see how "versification" is done to
convert a reference like John 3:16 into a file offset and length. The
uncompressed example is less complex than the compressed example.

www.bibleinverse.org/Misc/SwordMiniDiathekeWithModules.zip
www.bibleinverse.org/Misc/SwordMiniDiathekeWithoutModules.zip

SwordMiniDiathekeWithModules.zip can be unzipped anywhere. It is
"self-contained" with the uncompressed and compressed modules. The
libswordvc6.lib and libswordvc6d.lib have been built.

SwordMiniDiathekeWithoutModules.zip needs to be unzipped in the same
directory structure as Sword. It assumes a "standard development
directory layout", such as:

X:\SwordDir
X:\SwordDir\apps
X:\SwordDir\apps\console
X:\SwordDir\include
X:\SwordDir\lib
X:\SwordDir\mods.d
X:\SwordDir\modules
X:\SwordDir\modules\texts
X:\SwordDir\modules\texts\rawtext
X:\SwordDir\modules\texts\ztext
X:\SwordDir\src

Some notes/caveats:
* The source files are from 1.5.6 and may not be completely current.
* These aren't for Borland C++, but rather for Visual C++ 6

HTH. Let me know if you have questions.