[sword-devel] SWORDWeb for Windows

David Forslund forslund at mail.com
Tue Dec 13 14:18:50 MST 2005

I tried building it under cygwin  and get the following errors:

C:\projects\sword>sh autogen.sh
*** Sword build system generation
*** Recreating libtool
libtoolize
autogen.sh: line 8: libtoolize: command not found
*** Recreating aclocal.m4
aclocal
m4/cppunit.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_CPPUNIT
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/gtk-2.0.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_GTK_2_0
*** Recreating configure
configure.ac:26: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:27: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
*** Recreating the Makefile.in files
configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac: installing `./missing'
examples/cmdline/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
lib/Makefile.am:16: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
lib/Makefile.am:16:
lib/Makefile.am:16: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
lib/Makefile.am:16: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf'
again.
configure.ac:13: installing `./config.guess'
configure.ac:13: installing `./config.sub'

C:\projects\sword>sh usrinst.sh
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking target system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
./configure: line 3491: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL: command not found
./configure: line 3492: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL: command not found
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for compress in -lz... yes
checking for cppunit-config... no
checking for Cppunit - version >= 1.8.0... checking for pkg-config... no
configure: WARNING: *** pkg-config not found. See
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig/
configure: WARNING: not using pkg-config
./configure: line 4129: no: command not found
configure: WARNING: *** pkg-config too old; version 0.14 or better required.
configure: WARNING: not using pkg-config
checking for pkgdata... /usr/sbin/pkgdata
checking for genccode... /usr/sbin/genccode
checking for gencmn... /usr/sbin/gencmn
checking for genrb... /usr/sbin/genrb
checking for icu-config... no
*** The icu-config script installed by icu could not be found
*** continuing anyway and assuming 2.1 or earlier
checking for curl-config... no
*** The curl-config script installed by curl could not be found
*** compiling without libcurl support
lucene found - lucene searching options available
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in

Configured to NOT write a global /etc/sword.conf on 'make install'.
If this is the first time you've installed sword, be sure to run
'make install_config' if you would like a basic configuration installed

Next you might try something like:

make
su
make install
(and optionally)
make install_config
make register

C:\projects\sword>make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

C:\projects\sword>ls
AUTHORS       README.svn      config.status  install-sh  src
CODINGSTYLE   aclocal.m4      config.sub     lib         stamp-h.in
COPYING       arminst.sh      configure      locales.d   sword.bmp
ChangeLog     autogen.sh      configure.ac   m4          sword.kdevprj
INSTALL       autom4te.cache  depcomp        missing     sword.pc.in
LICENSE       bindings        distignore     obj         sword.spec.in
Makefile.am   buildtest.cpp   doc            olb         tests
Makefile.cvs  config.guess    examples       pix         usrinst.sh
NEWS          config.h.in     icu            samples     utilities
README        config.log      include        scripts

C:\projects\sword>\cygwin\bin\make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

C:\projects\sword>make install_config
make: *** No rule to make target `install_config'.  Stop.

C:\projects\sword>