[sword-devel] osis

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 08:30:14 MST 2005

Lalremlien Neitham wrote:

> Hello, i am new to to sword and osis. can anybody please tell me how
> to easily convert a raw bible text to osis xml?

If your bible follows the exact same verse structure as the King James
Version and your file is exactly one verse per line (vpl) you may be
able to create a module with vpl2mod and then osis from the module with
mod2osis. I have not tried this before. You will need to create a conf
file for sword to use the module. Once you have osis you can modify the
file with your favorite text or xml editor to add additional markup. The
osis web site has a manual for what is allowable in osis. Then use
osis2mod to create the module.

You can get the windows version of these tools from here:
http://www.crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/sword/utils/win32