[sword-devel] Building under Windows

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 20:43:08 MST 2005

Greetings.

I am trying to build the sword library using the free tools from Microsoft
(free?! you ask - sure enough, the free VC++ toolkit). I am curious as to
whether anyone else has prior experience at this task, and if so, if they
have any guiding words of wisdom. So far I have made decent headway with
using MinGW to run './configure CPPFLAGS=-DWIN32 CC=cl CXX=cl LD=link' but I
have had to edit a few minor files by hand
(src/utilfuns/win32/dirent.{h,cpp}, lib/Makefile, &c), but I don't know if
there is anything I definitely ought to look out for. Thanks!

--Greg