[sword-devel] Xhosa Bible Copyright

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 20:02:29 MST 2005

I did some poking around concerning xhosa. The most common name is
"South African Tribal Bible" It was an olb module. It was maintained at
http://www.answersingenesis.org/TheWord/Files/Bibles/xhosa.exe (now a
dead link) and there were/are numerous links to it all over the web. The
file existed there from June 6, 2001 until June 12, 2004. It was
modified once during that time on Dec 19, 2002. You can get this
information from: http://web.archive.org/collections/web.html

You might find the following site interesting:
http://www.biblesociety.co.za/resources/translations_xhosa.asp
If the information on this site enumerates all the versions of the Bible
written in the Xhosa language, then it is either over 140 years old or
it is 10 years old.