[sword-devel] A [small] problem with sword compilation on Cygwin - please patch this in SVN

Krzysztof Bialas krzbia at ctm.gdynia.pl
Tue Apr 26 22:54:41 MST 2005

    Hi!
The sword as of SVN version compiles nicely in Cygwin environment except
from two minor flaws which could [should] be checked into the source tree by
someone having the proper permissions on SVN ;-)
1) configure.ac
At the very end of that file the AC_CONFIG_FILES are defined. As of the
current cygwin/automake these should be a *single line* as the backslashes
disturb the generated config.status cousing the configure process to crash
on generating makefiles (it was reported earlier on the sword-devel). Alhou
it is a workaround, and I know that workarounds are bad, currently I do not
know any other solution to that. Simply putting everything in the definition
of AC_CONFIG_FILES to one line without backslashes solves the Cygwin
configure problem.
2) include/swobject.h - the Cygwin does not need the unixstr.h. Having this
included disturbs the build of diatheke with the information on multiply
defined strcasecmp. So something should be added to the
    #include <utilfuns.h>
    #if !defined(__GNUC__) && !defined(_WIN32_WCE)
    #else
    #include <unixstr.h>
    #endif
Unfortunatelly I do not know what it should be. Someone (a developer) needs
to decide.

I hope it helps to get the cygwin build.
Greetings
Christopher.