[sword-devel] How about the OT's standard versification at Sword ?

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Apr 23 06:08:59 MST 2005

Wolfgang Schultz wrote:
> due of many mails requests, here i post where you can find  more facts
> about Zefania XML:

This is still a development list. In other words, your spam is still not
welcome.

> Zefania XML Biblemoduls coud be found at:

> maybe one could convert some of it to sword moduls. :-)

There are two problems with this idea:

1) Non-primary sources are still not acceptable. Mistakes are frequently
made in the process of conversion that result in the loss of data.

2) The Zefania format is EXTREMELY lossy. 2.0RC is a great improvement
over the previous version, but it's still too simplistic. It doesn't
even seem to be able to encode paragraphs other than with <BR>, which
would make <BR> a heavily overloaded element. (Just one example that
struck me after 5 seconds of examining the schema.

--Chris