[sword-devel] How about the OT's standard versification at Sword ?

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Apr 22 19:59:07 MST 2005

Martin Gruner wrote:
>>Also crosswire is a volunteer ministry of people coding *_when they have
>>time_* you can't expect a hard and fast deadline from a situation like
>>that.
>

> Amen to that, brother!
>
> Besides that, the philosophy is: "Ok, just submit a patch!"

Indeed! But it should be pointed out that all patches are not created
equal. Submitted patches have to fit into Sword well. They can't disrupt
other functions of Sword. And they can't have functions that are
incompatible with planned functions.

That's why a patch that simply adds a few new books to Sword's existing
canon would not be accepted. We already have a number of requirements
for alternative v11n support and extending the existing system of static
v11n would not suffice.

However, persons interested in working on (writing code for) alternative
v11n support should certainly speak up and make it known to the other
developers if they haven't already.

--Chris