[sword-devel] Information for beginning Windows BCB 6 Developers

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Apr 18 22:59:10 MST 2005

Chris Little wrote:
> To clarify, I believe Troy is confirming that BibleCS builds fine using
> BCB6. I don't think he's making a statement about building the utils,
> which may still need project work.

Yes.  Chris has correctly stated my position that I have not had time
yet to look at a utilities project file for BCB6.  It sounds like
Christopher has had a good start.  I would suggest a BUILD ALL once you
get a project group setup correctly.  It might just be that the
libraries were built one way while compiling BibleCS, and now they are
configured differently for your new project group.  A BUILD ALL Projects
will force a recompile with your new settings.

> Maybe we should take up a collection to buy Troy a copy of BCB6 so we
> can all move forward and abandon BCB5 as the supported platform. On the
> other hand, I think I can state accurately that BCB6 is going to be the
> last supported Borland C++ environment. I think BCBX is well and dead.
> So it might be best to move on and accept that Borland C++ is entirely
> dead. :)

At the risk of breaking an NDA, I will only say that Chris is wrong. ;)

  -Troy.