[sword-devel] Compiling sword

Will Thimbleby will at thimbleby.net
Mon Apr 18 11:58:35 MST 2005

Great that's fixed my problem. Thanks. I've compiled sword, but there
remain a couple of problems.

When finally finishing compiling both the i386 and ppc architectures
are specified. It works if I just remove the -arch i386, but I do that
by hand,

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link g++ -ftemplate-depth-25 -DCURLAVAILABLE
-g -O2   -o libsword.la -rpath /usr/local/lib -release 1.5.7.100
swkey.lo listkey.lo ...... flatapi.lo  -lcurl -L/usr/lib -lcurl -arch
i386 -arch ppc -lz -lssl -lcrypto -lz  -lz

and

g++ -dynamiclib -arch i386 -arch ppc -single_module -flat_namespace
-undefined suppress -o .libs/libsword-1.5.7.100.dylib  .libs/swkey.o
.libs/listkey.o .....

and then when it comes to compile the tests I get an undefined symbol

g++ -ftemplate-depth-25 -DCURLAVAILABLE -g -O2 -o .libs/testlib
testlib.o -Wl,-bind_at_load  ./lib/.libs/libsword-1.5.7.100.dylib
-L/usr/lib -lcurl -lssl -lcrypto -lz
ld: Undefined symbols:
sword::LocaleMgr::addLocale(sword::SWLocale*)