[sword-devel] module making problem - U_INVALID_CHAR_FOUND

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Apr 16 16:10:55 MST 2005

I still haven't figured out what is causing your problems.

Troy suggests that the U_INVALID_CHAR_FOUND errors are coming when text
(specifically the entry NAME) is transformed to UTF-8 for comparison
purposes.

That doesn't explain why you can't export all of the text. That doesn't
explain why we're seeing different results when we run the program. That
doesn't explain why you're getting this error when you compile this
module but I'm not. Etc.

The "drivers" to which I referred are part of Sword. And indeed, there a
possibility that changes in Sword reflect the differences in behavior.
I'll see about posting a new version of the utilities based on 1.5.8 RC2.

--Chris